Welcome to the botanical garden. Admission is free of charge; the entrance and all main paths are wheelchair-accessible.
|APRIL – SEPTEMBER|
|Monday to Friday||8 am to 7 pm|
|Saturday||1 pm to 7 pm|
|Sunday, Holiday||10 am to 7 pm|
|MARCH & OCTOBER|
|Monday to Friday||8 am to 6 pm|
|Saturday||1 pm to 6 pm|
|Sunday, Holiday||10 am to 6 pm|
|NOVEMBER – FEBRUARY|
|Monday to Friday||8 am to 4 pm|
The side entrance will be closed 30 min earlier than the main entrance.
By public transport (Rheinbahn and VRR)
The botanical garden is served by the trams U73 and U79 (final stop Universität Ost / Botanischer Garten).
The 735, 827, 835 and 836 buses (last one Monday to Saturday only) stop at the Universität Süd bus stop. From there the botanical garden can be reached in about 3 minutes on foot.
A 46 towards Wuppertal – exit Düsseldorf Bilk (23) and follow the signs to the university.
A 46 from Wuppertal –exit Düsseldorf Innenstadt / Universität (immediately after exit 24, Wersten).
A 57 – exit Neuss-Hafen / Düsseldorf; continue towards Düsseldorf and follow the signs to the university.
P2 und P10 (near side entrance and final tram stop Universität Ost / Botanischer Garten)
Please note: P1 is under construction.
welcome to the botanical garden, a place of research, education and relaxation. We are pleased to have you and kindly ask you to observe our rules and comply with any instructions from our staff.
Thank you very much.
- Please keep the garden clean and treat others with respect. Stick to the paths and mowed lawns.
- Dogs are not allowed into the garden. Bicycles, scooters, skateboards, inline skates and similar devices are not permitted.
- No picnics, barbecues, ball games, frisbee games, sunbathing.
- Do not damage, pick or dig out any plants or steal seeds. Any damage and/or theft will be reported to the authorities. (Note that the plants and fruits on display at our garden may be poisonous or cause allergic reactions!)
- Photographs and videos may be taken for private use only.
- Visitors enter the garden at their own risk. Children under 12 must be accompanied by an adult.
We hope you enjoy discovering our garden and its rich variety of plants. Admission is free of charge. All donations placed into our watering cans support the botanical garden.
The garden management
Let us accompany you into the fascinating world of plants. We provide group tours on many different subjects, ranging from specialized gardening knowledge to modern scientific findings. Information on topics, prices and booking can be found here.
Please note that photos and videos may be taken for private use only. You can apply for a permit by .
Scientifical Management & Public Relations
Head Gardener| Research & Teaching, Greenhouses
Head Gardener | Training
Head Gardener | Outdoor Grounds
Together with our circle of friends we offer lectures, guided tours and workshops. [Only in German]
3-Days Weather at the HHU
The weather station in the outdoor area of our botanical garden is part of the nationwide MEDIOSAT network for official weather forecasts and scientific data analysis. The current raw weather data of the station are automatically processed into the HHU weather forecast:
- Temperature in °C | max and min
- Rain: amount in l/m2 | probability in %
- Wind: direction and speed